Cosmetic Dentistry Is More Accessible Than You Think!
Contrary to popular belief, cosmetic dentistry is not just for the wealthy and celebrities – nowadays there are a variety of options as well as prices that make a perfect smile reachable for millions of people.
Ranging from subtle changes to major oral surgeries, there is a wide array of cosmetic dentistry techniques that can treat discolored, misshapen, chipped or missing teeth.
How do you if cosmetic dentistry is right for you? Our experts at Signature Smile General and Cosmetic Dentistry discuss what you need to know before making that decision.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry addresses appearance of your teeth, whereas traditional dentistry focuses on the health of your teeth and gums. Although cosmetic dentistry has been around for decades, the materials used today are more natural looking and durable than those used in the past.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry indicated that two-thirds of patients seeking out cosmetic dentistry are female with an average of amount of only $4,000 spent by each of these patients. There are also some cosmetic dentistry procedures that cost as little as $300.00. Since cosmetic dentistry is deemed as an elective rather than necessary, it is typically not covered insurance.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures options including:
- By bonding tooth-colored materials to the tooth surface, this procedure can improve the appearance of teeth that are broken, chipped, cracked, stained or have spaces between them.
- Teeth Whitening. Teeth whitening or bleaching can be done in a dentist’s office or at home. It brightens discolored or stained teeth.
- These thin, custom-made porcelain shells disguise imperfections or discolorations by covering the front of the tooth.
- Tooth reshaping. Tooth reshaping, also known as dental contouring improves the appearance of teeth by removing or modifying enamel.
- Smile makeovers. Smile makers overs are essentially a facelift for the mouth. It involves a comprehensive assessment of the overall appearance of the smile and teeth.
How To Choose a Cosmetic Dentist
The outcome of your cosmetic dentistry work depends largely on the skill and experience of your dentist you select. There are some dental specialists like periodontists and orthodontists who require additional certifications in order to practice; cosmetic dentistry does not have such requirements. Before selecting a cosmetic dentist, be sure to ask the for:
- Patient references
- Before and after patient photos
- Proof of continuing education
Our dentists, Dr. Evelina Tolchinsky, DDS and Inna Trogan, DDS will be happy to provide you with more information pertaining cosmetic dentistry. Our dentists have served the residents of Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Dumbo, and all of our other surrounding communities for years.
Our offices are located in the heart of beautiful Brooklyn Heights at 100 Pineapple Walk, Brooklyn, NY 11201